With 14 years experience
Focusing mainly in North Toronto as it is where I live. My specialty is designing family homes, for practical family living. I use current on-trend furnishings and accessories to transform your house into your home.
Growing up spending my summers in North Kawartha, I have developed a love for designing cottages. Repurposing and creating the look for less has always been a thrill for me. Mixing in quality pieces with repurposed pieces that will endure the rigors of cottage living.
I am in tune with the nuances of Toronto’s different neighbourhoods and know what buyers are looking for to create that emotional connection for them. Services include full staging consultation, staging summary, organizing, decluttering, furniture storage, painting, handy work, window cleaning, detailed cleaning of the interior, landscaping, furniture rental, furniture arrangement, accessories and accents, window treatments and lighting.
For the Rental Market
I will bring your cottage or villa up to the standards of a 5-star hotel, just in a few areas that really make a difference to the renter and make your space a memorable luxury experience for the renter. This will not only result in better long-term maintenance of your property but also, most importantly, result in more bookings.
1. Overall organization and decluttering. The kitchen organized, decluttered and thoroughly cleaned. Closets organized with uniform clothes hangers, enough space for renters to properly unpack and house their clothing. Common areas decluttered and organized. The owner’s personal items put away and housed neatly in one area of the home.
2. Good quality coordinating cutlery and plates, proper knives, utensils, table linens and glasses wear.
3. Ensure that there is proper storage for the renter to unpack. Proper dresser for folded clothing, closet for hanging, storage in the washrooms for toiletries.
4. Good quality coordinating bedding.
5. Good quality coordinating bath towels.
6. Local bath products that the renters can take home. The renter will be reminded of their stay at your location every time they use these products once home.
7. Good quality coordinated beach towels.
8. Ensure all outdoor and indoor equipment is in good working order.
9. Landscaping to be tidy, outdoor planters filled and styled with full lush, fresh plantings.
10. Outdoor furniture to be up to date, cohesive and coordinating.
11. Overall interior decor to be up to date and cohesive.
I will do a walk-through of the villa, provide a full summary of needs and a full quotation. My design assistant will carry out the recommendations once approved by you and I will do the final walk through and styling. I am projecting this initial expenditure to be modest depending on the villa as the goal is to provide best return on investment for you, the villa owner. Spending some money on styling and updating to a higher standard you will see more bookings, more repeat bookings and better maintenance of your villa. After initial service is done, we can review every 6 months to a year.